UONGOZI Institute’s Youth Leadership Competition 2023 for young Africans (USD $2,000 & Fully Funded to Accra, Ghana)
Application Deadline: 10 January 2023.
The Youth Leadership Competition is organised as a component of the African Leadership Forum (ALF) to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development.
In each contest, African citizens between the age of 18 and 25 are asked to write about their perspectives on leadership as it relates to a theme tied to the ALF.
The essays are rigorously evaluated on the basis of originality, organisation, creativity, appropriateness to contest theme and the use of language. The winners get the opportunity to participate in the ALF plenary session and receive their awards at a prize-giving ceremony – in the presence of distinguished delegates from the forum.
- This competition aims to provide an opportunity for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to share their perspectives on leadership as it relates to promoting African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in Africa. It is open to all African citizens (including the diaspora) between the age of 18 – 25.
The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in Africa?
- All essays must be typed. The minimum length is 500 words, and the maximum is 700 words. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- Up to five winners will be selected. Winners will be asked to create posters to visually describe their ideas. The posters will be showcased at the ALF.
- Winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving ceremony to be held during the ALF Gala Dinner on 23 February, 2023. The ceremony will be attended by senior leaders from across Africa, representing public, private and third sectors.
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner, and they will be asked to read their essay at the dinner event.
- Selected winners residing outside Ghana will be required to have valid travel documents for travel. UONGOZI Institute will cover the costs related to their travel, including visa fees, air tickets and accommodation.
Submit your Entry – UONGOZI Institute’s Youth Leadership Competition
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the UONGOZI Institute’s Youth Leadership Competition 2023
Join Our Telegram Channel To Get our Personal Tips and the Latest Scholarship Update!